หัวข้อ: Math Joke
ดูหนึ่งข้อความ
Old 21 ธันวาคม 2002, 15:15
<คิดด้วยคน>

ข้อความ: n/a
Dirac and women

Being a great theoretical physicist, Dirac liked to theorize about all the problems of daily life, rather than to find solutions by direct experiment. Once, at a party in Copenhagen, he proposed a theory according to which there must be a certain distance at which a woman's face looks its best. He argued that at d = infinity one cannot see anything anyway, while at d = 0 the oval of the face is deformed because of the small aperture of the human eye, and many other imperfections (such as small wrinkles) become exaggerated. Thus there is a certain optimum distance at which the face looks its best.
" Tell me, Paul, " I asked, " how close have you ever seen a woman's face ? "
" Oh, " replied Dirac, holding his palms about two feet aparts, " about that close. "

Several years later Dirac married " Wigner's sister ", so known among the physicists because she was the sister of the noted Hungarian theoretical physicist Eugene Wigner. When one of Dirac's old friends, who had not yet heard of the marriage, dropped into his home he found with Dirac an attractive woman who served tea and then sat down comfortably on a sofa.
" How do you do ! " said the friend, wondering who the woman might be.
" Oh ! " exclaimed Dirac, " I am sorry, I forgot to introduce you. This is ... this is Wigner's sister. "
ตอบพร้อมอ้างอิงข้อความนี้