ผู้พิทักษ์กฎขั้นสูง

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก: 29 มีนาคม 2001
ข้อความ: 4,608
gon is on a distinguished road
Cool

4 มีนาคม
1822 : Lissajous born.

5 มีนาคม
1625 : Birthdate of John Collins. Isaac dubbed him "Mersennus Anglus" because he was such an efficient correspondent of mathematical news.

6 มีนาคม
1805 : Legendre introduces least squares. Gauss had them ten years earlier but had not published, so some controversy ensued.

1866 Birthdate of Ettore Bortolotti, historian of mathematics. He revealed the importance of Toricelli's infinitesmal results and vindicated Cataldi's claim to the discovery of continued fractions.

7 มีนาคม
322 B.C. : Aristotle died, age 62.

8 มีนาคม
1851 : Birthdate of George Chrystal, British algebraist.

1900 : Howard Aiken born.

9 มีนาคม
1497 : Copernicus, then a student of canon law at the University of Bologna, makes his first recorded astronomical observation.

1832 : Wolfgang Bolyai made a corresponding member of the mathematics section of the Magyar Academy.

10 มีนาคม
1615 : Henry Briggs was completely engaged in the study of logarithms by this date, for he wrote, "Neper, lord of Markinston, hath set my head and hands a work with his new and admirable logarithms. I hope to see him this summer, if it please God, for I never saw a book which pleased me better, and made me more wonder."

1812 : Jean Jacques Bret becomes docteur es sciences, having previously been professor of transcendental mathematics at the lycee in Grenoble. Later, he was involved in a prolonged polemic with J.B. E. Dubourget concerning the fundamental theorem of algebra.
ตอบพร้อมอ้างอิงข้อความนี้