เครื่องมือของหัวข้อ ค้นหาในหัวข้อนี้
Old 04 พฤษภาคม 2003, 04:15
Counter Striker Counter Striker ไม่อยู่ในระบบ
เริ่มฝึกวรยุทธ์

วันที่สมัครสมาชิก: 01 ธันวาคม 2002
ข้อความ: 22
Counter Striker is on a distinguished road
Cool The Intelligent Horse

Hi this is the challenging problem for every one who is fascinated by mathematics concerning the real world. Hope you enjoy it!! Here goes.....

...My horse, Harry, is very intelligent. He will do any mathematical problem I set him, providing the answer is 1, 2, 3 or 4. When I set him a problem, he places a hoof on a large grid consisting of unit squares and his answer is the number of squares partly covered by his hoof. Harry has circular hoofs of radius 1/4 unit.

...After many years of collaboration, I suspect that Harry no longer bothers to do the calculations, instead merely placing his hoof on the grid completely at random. I often ask him to divide 4 by 4, but only about 1/4 of his answers are right; I often ask him to add 2 and 2, but disappointingly only about p/16 of his answers are right. Is this consistent with my suspicions?

...I decide to investigate further by setting Harry many problems, the answer to which are 1, 2,3 or 4 with equal frequency. If harry is placing his hoof at random, find the expected value of his answers. The averager of Harry's answers turns out to be 2. Should I get a new horse?

Vocab. : "hoof" is the hard part of the foot of horses, and it is modeled as a circle)
ตอบพร้อมอ้างอิงข้อความนี้
ตั้งหัวข้อใหม่ Reply

กฎการส่งข้อความ
คุณ ไม่สามารถ ตั้งหัวข้อใหม่ได้
คุณ ไม่สามารถ ตอบหัวข้อได้
คุณ ไม่สามารถ แนบไฟล์และเอกสารได้
คุณ ไม่สามารถ แก้ไขข้อความของคุณเองได้

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
ทางลัดสู่ห้อง